Friday, September 11, 2020

Lotus Temple (Bahai Temple)

 Address Lotus Temple Rd, Bahapur, Shambhu Dayal Bagh, Kalkaji, Delhi 110019


Nearest metro station: Kalkaji Mandir (Magneta line)

Time: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm (Monday closed)

In the month of June when I went to Delhi for summer training, then at the end of the week I totally get bored from all that stuff of summer training so I decided to explore Delhi. Then I called my school time friend for this. We decided to go to Lotus Temple and explore nearby things because I never went to that area before. So on evening Sunday, I take a metro from kaushambi station and arrived at Rajiv Chowk station because we decided to firstly meet at Rajiv Chowk then we go to Kalkaji Station together, which is near to Lotus Temple. After 30 minutes of the journey, we arrived at our destination metro station. Then we take an auto from outside the station for Lotus Temple it takes only 10 minutes to reach.

We enter through the main gate. There is no entry fee. A long path is made toward the Temple.
The real name of Lotus Temple is Bahai Temple but due to Lotus shaped architecture people are usually called Lotus Temple. Temple is surrounded by water, which makes the temple looked more beautiful. The structure is 40 meters tall and 2500 people are seat inside the Temple. The entire surface of the temple is covered with the famous marble of Mount Pentelicus of Greece. People mostly visit the Lotus Temple to mediate in the peaceful quiet or enjoy the soothing surrounding. So that's all about the Lotus Temple and my weekend spent with my friend.

6 comments:

Roing (Arunachal Pradesh)

 Location: Roing, Dist. Lower Dibang Valley, Arunachal Pradesh(792110) Roing is one of the most important tourist attractions in Arunachal P...